It's been a tough road, but it's been totally worth it!

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Ultrascreen

Today was my 12 week ultrascreen ultrasound where they check for any abnormalities and for Down's syndrome. Everything went well! I apparently didn't have enough sugar or caffeine in me when we got there, the baby was sleeping! The u/s nurse had to kinda poke and wiggle my belly to get it to finally "wake up"! It was kinda funny when it did, it was moving around like "what? what'd I miss?" :) She got all the required measurements and we listened to the heartbeat. It was 161bpm... very happy! And it measures 5.26 cm or just over 2 inches long. It also was measuring a day ahead, so today I am 12w0d.



It was funny, during the u/s, the baby kept sticking it's legs straight in the air waving them around! Then they took my blood and combined with the u/s, they can detect if there is further testing needed for any abnormailites. I will get the reults in a week. It will be a loooong week!

I am still just in awe of the whole process and the whole experience. It's really starting to feel real now!

No comments: