It's been a tough road, but it's been totally worth it!

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sono HSG

Yesterday, the 30th, I had the Sono HSG. It was a lot less painful than the dredded HSG that I did a couple years ago with the dye... ugh! This was more like a pap. I can't totally handle that!

I got to the RE at 10:30, got in a room, the Dr. came in with the nurse at 10:40. It was so good to see Dr. Doherty! She is such a funny, nice lady. Anyhoo, she got right to work. Got the speculum inserted, then a catheter with saline solution went next. They pumped the saline solution in, then came the dildo cam! Ahhh, my friend, it's been too long! :) She took a look around with that and saw my uterus looked perfect! I guess the saline solution is supposed to help any imperfections show up better on the ultrasound. Anything that would inhibit a good implantation. Pretty standard I guess for IVF second-rounders. I was out of there by 10:50, so it was pretty darn easy! Just had some light cramping for a couple hours after that, but nothing I can't handle!

So everything looks good, we now have the official "green light" on IVF! Now, I need to order my meds... oh boy.

1 comment:

Krisy said...

yay! Can't wait to follow your jouney again, can you believe it was so long ago it was we were routing each other on in our ovusoft group, time sure goes fast. Look forward to your updates and i'll be sending good thoughts your way!