It's been a tough road, but it's been totally worth it!

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

OB Appt. - 17 weeks

Today was my OB appt. with Dr. Gernhart, and let's just say.... I love her! She is such a fantastic doctor, easy to talk to and very fun. We started with blood work to test for the last of the genetic disorders, spina bifida. I'm not all that concerned about it, since neither Tommy nor I have any history of abnormalities in our families (well, maybe my sister... lol! Love ya!)

Nexty we went over our birth plan, a time to ask any questions, and then we listened to the heartbeat. She found it right away this time, and it sounded like a miracle!! It was in the 150's she said, so it was strong and happy.

It was cute, Tommy then asked if "we" should be limiting our activies, such as jet skiing, four wheeling, etc. Um......... YEAH!!! Dr. Gernhart sorta laughed and said yeah, she probably shouldn't be doing that at this stage, and Tommy just said he wanted to make sure so when he did go do those things without me, he wouldn't feel guilty! :) lol

I go to the perinatologist at Methodist Hospital on Aug. 28th for the genetic counseling and *hopefully* my anatomy scan!! That is when they will tell us what we are having! The real reason I am going to Dr. Bonebrake (yep, that's his real name!) is because I had a LEEP procedure done years ago, where they froze and took out part of my cervix due to pre-cancerous cells. Dr. Gernhart just wants to make sure my cervix length is OK and that I won't need a cerclage, the stitch they put in your cervix to "sew" it closed. I just want to see my baby and find out what it is!! :)

Then I go back to Dr. Gernhart on Sept. 14th for my reg. OB appt. So exciting!!!

1 comment:

Meg said...

YAY! I'm so glad everything is going well! And August 28th isn't too far!

Haha, Tommy is funny! And sweet.

Can't wait to hear if it's a boy or a girl!!