It's been a tough road, but it's been totally worth it!

Monday, October 12, 2009

25 week OB appt.

Went in this morning for my regular OB appt. My blood pressure was up a little bit (134/84), but no protien in my urine (good thing). We listened to the heartbeat again, she said it was in the 150's and sounded perfect! Then she measured me.... she kinda laughed and said she was curious as to how big this kid is! I asked her what I was measuring at... 29 weeks! Whoa! A whole month ahead of schedule?! But she said it doesn't mean it's all baby, so nothing to worry about. I have my high risk Dr. appt. next Monday, so she said make sure to get measurments! :)

I also got my "Glucola" for my next appt. in 2 weeks. This is the lovely sugary orange flavored drink I have to drink 1 hour before I go in for my appt. This is to test for gestational diabetes by drawing blood. If I pass, I'm good to go, if not, they want to repeat the 1 hr. test, and then possibly a 3 hr. test... ugh. So let's just pray I pass the first time and everything is OK!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome update :) That glucose test isn't terrible, other then feeling like you are so hungry you want to rip someones head off!

We got a heartbeat today!!! Most amazing thing EVER. We are telling our parents tonight, through the blog. That is why the poem is on there. They are going to be shocked. They dont even know we have a blog, or that we were trying again!