It's been a tough road, but it's been totally worth it!

Monday, October 19, 2009

Ultrasound

We had our high risk OB appt. this morning. I have to see him every once in awhile because I'm old..... :) 35 and older get to go see him. But he's awesome, so no biggie!

We got to see our baby girl again (yep, she's still a girl!) and all looks good! They scanned her whole body, head down to her feet, and measured everything. She is approx. 14" long and weighs 2lbs. 4oz! Dr. Bonebrake said she's a good sized kid, but still in the normal range (70th percentile for growth!)

He still sees no markers, or anything that would say anything was wrong with her. He said structurally she looks good. There is always that slight risk of something happening since my 1st trimester screening for spina bifida came back abnormal, but he double checked the spinal column and said it looks good, and he can rule out about 95-97% of spina bifida. Whew!

I do have pictures, but they weren't very good becuase she kept moving, and her arms and hands were right in front of her face! We got another really good foot picture, but that's about it, so I won't post that... looks just the same as it did last time! :)

I do have to go back to see him in 6 weeks to check for her growth, and if everything looks good, then I shouldn't have to go see him again. In the mean time, I need get by next Monday, that's when I have my glucose testing for diabetes! Ugh!:)

1 comment:

Meg said...

Yay! I'm glad everything is looking good!

Good luck on Monday!!

♥ Meg