It's been a tough road, but it's been totally worth it!

Monday, December 7, 2009

Busy weekend!

It was non-stop this weekend, but we got lots done!

I cleaned the house Friday night, figuring I wouldn't have time the rest of the weekend, and I was right! Saturday morning, got up and put together the swing that we got for a shower gift. That was like performing surgery... the instructions SUCKED and made no sense. And I am usually really good at that! So Tommy came to help me finish it. Then the fun part... the crib! It was so easy to put together, maybe 20 min or so. It is so beautiful! I also did 5 loads of laundry (ours and the baby's) and finally got all her blankets and sheets and everything washed and ready to go. Saturday evening Tommy and I went to pick up the changing table/dresser I found on Craigslist. It was perfect! And we got a heckuva deal! Turns out the gal that was selling it is a hair stylist at the salon I go to, and in fact, stations right next to my girl! Small world! But I digress...

We got home and my sister came over to help Tommy take the dresser upstairs, it was heavy. The Big 12 Championship game was on at 7, and it really looked like the Huskers were gonna beat Texas, but at the VERY last second (litteraly), Texas kicked a field goal and won by 1 pt. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR............ but I digress....

Sunday we got up and was planning to go get our Christmas tree, but Tommy wasn't feeling well. He's had this pain in his left side for a couple days, and it was really bothering him, so he laid in bed while I took a shower and ran some errands. I also went to Plattsmouth to our friends Jason and Kendra's home to pick up the crib mattress and some under the crib baskets she was going to give me, since their youngest is out of his crib. They are so generous! They also gave us some other gear that I hadn't bought yet, so THANK YOU! On my drive home, it started to snow pretty good, so I ran to Walmart (my last stop of the day) and then headed home. Unloaded my car and then started to work on putting the entire nursery together! It was so fun for me, but it kicked my butt... 3 hours later, I am done! Tommy was at work this whole time, so he didn't see it until later when he got home, but I got all her clothes put away, all the toiletries and blankets and dieapers all put away in the changing table... put the crib sheets together... put a few things on the walls, and now it really looks like a nursery! Here's a sneak preview.. will have more pics when it's completley done!

No comments: