It's been a tough road, but it's been totally worth it!

Monday, December 28, 2009

Last high risk OB appt!

I graduated from Dr. Bonebrake!! :)

This was my last appt. with him. It was bittersweet, as we both really like him. I got there and did the normal stuff, weight (ugh), blood pressure and normal questions about my meds, etc. My blood pressure, by the way was 131/82... yipee!!!

Lindsay, our tech, came in and we got started with the ultrasound. Oh my, is she bigger than 4 weeks ago! She takes up the whole ultrasound screen! She did her normal measurements of the baby's head, abdomen, bones and amniotic fluid. Fluid looked good, and baby is approx. 6lbs. 12oz! Overall, measuring at 63rd percentile, with her belly measuring at 81 percentile... perfect! We got to see her cubby little cheeks, her hands, arms, butt, and the hair at the back of her head! We also got to see her "practice breathing", which is good too.

Dr. Bonebrake came in then just to go over the measurments and take a look for himself, and he confirmed everything... she looks great! He said we have a happy babe that is thriving in the uterus! He looked at the placenta, and said it looked good also. Everything is falling into place, literally! She is head down, facing my back/right side, with her spine against my left side, butt under my boobs, and feet and legs over by my right side (where I feel her beating me up constantly!)

He also called my OB's office to get the results of my 24 hour urine test that I did last week, since my Dr. didn't call me!! It came back normal. He is looking for a number higher than 300 that would indicate pre-eclampsia, and my number was 164. He also said my blood platelets and such also looked good. Clean bill of health! :)

We didn't do the NST today, as he said it's basically the same as the u/s, but not as indepth, so I start the NST's this Thursday at my OB's office. I go every Monday and Thursday morning until I deliver.

About 19 days until I would get induced, if I don't go on my own before hand... holy sh*t!! I feel so unprepared still in so many ways, but other ways soooooo ready to have here here in my arms! With year end billing for Bigg Dogg, we have lots going on... oh, not to mention the blizzard we got over Christmas, so billing is going to be a night mare also. Just want it all done before she comes. Lord, help me get through this next few weeks... and keep her put until this is all over! For mommy's sake! :)

1 comment:

Meg said...

SO EXCITING!!! Only 19 more days?!?! I can't wait to hear the news that she is here!

Apparently I can't log into ovusoft anymore so you have to text me!