It's been a tough road, but it's been totally worth it!

Thursday, January 14, 2010

I'm officially done!

With work, that is!

I had my last OB appt this morning, we did the NST, and everything looked great. She is moving well and keeping me up at night! What didn't go so well was that I'm still spilling protein in my urine, and the numbers were way up. I knew something was up when my legs and feet started to swell pretty bad again this week. So my dr. told me I was done working as of that moment! I am now on bedrest until Sat. night when we head to the hospital for induction. I did run back to the office to tell my boss and get all my work organized and transitioned to my coworkers. I left about noon and headed home to rest, and that's all I've done today. My swelling has already gone down, so that's good. I unfortunatly was planning on doing some last minute errands before Sat., but now my wonderful husband has the list of things to do! Grocery shop, get my car cleaned out, the car seat installed, etc. He's been great. He made dinner for me tonight, cleaned up everything afterwards, even emptied the dishwasher of the clean dishes and put all the dirty ones away! He is awesome!

So more laying around tomorrow and most of Saturday. Which is so hard for me to do... but I have to. Oh, when the Dr. checked me, I still wasn't dilated, but she did ask if I had any procedures done on my cervix and I told her yes, about 13 years ago I had a LEEP, which is when they freeze part of your cervix to kill pre-cancerous cells. She thinks what she is feeling is possible scar tissue from that procedure, and that is what might be preventing dilation. She said it's not a problem, she will "get through it" when we get to the hospital... yikes!

More updates to come!

1 comment:

Krisy said...

good luck tomorrow, i'll be thinking of you and can't wait to hear all about and see that sweet lttle girl!