It's been a tough road, but it's been totally worth it!

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Induction Day!

Well, the day has finally come... it's induction day! It's been a long road for Tommy and I to finally get to this point, but I am so excited, and so ready.

We are heading to the hospital in about 3 hours to get checked in, get a room, and get the Cervadil started. I hope that is enough to send me into labor, and not have to do Pitocin. That kinda scares me... I hear the contractions come on very fast and very strong and they suck. But only my body and time will tell!

I am just finishing up some last minute laundry, cleaning up the house, etc. I am so nesting right now! :) Tommy is at work with his dad cleaning so he won't have to do it tomorrow (for obvious reasons!) When he gets home, we are just gonna pack our last minute stuff, load up the car and the new carseat, and head out!

It's so surreal that this has finally come. After 2 long and painful years of trying without any results, this is finally the cherry on top. I have been very emotional about it all, but it's all been good. It's just amazing how our lives will be changing forever in just a few hours. We are not going to be a couple anymore, but a FAMILY. I've waited 35 years for this moment. It will be so awesome, and I can't wait.

I will try and post from the hospital if we can to let you know what is happening. I just want to thank you ALL for being such wonderful friends and supporters during this whole thing... I don't think I could have stayed sane without the love from you all. Tommy and I are very thankful for each of you! God bless you all!

And now, I will leave you with my final statistics:

How Far Along? 39 weeks

Total Weight Gained/Loss? +28 lbs.

Maternity Clothes: Wow, not much left that fits me... I'm big!

Sleep? Horrible... always up to pee at least 2 times a night, then can't fall back asleep!

Best Moment of the Week? When Tommy and I went on our last "date" last night as a couple. It was so nice to spend that time with him.

Movement- Good Lord, all the time... it's cool to see and feel parts of her under my skin moving around!

Food Craving- Anything sweet!!

Food aversions- Still the smell of Tommy's Totino's Party Pizzas... yuk!

Morning sickness?- Nope, but still have heartburn!

Gender- Still a girl!

Labor Signs- I'm feeling a lot of stuff, but no contractions yet. Back aches and pressure "down there".

Belly Button- Finally an outie!

What I miss- Being able to get up from furniture and not look like an old woman!

What I'm looking forward to- Giving birth to this beautiful baby girl!

Weekly Wisdom- Be thankful for every ache, pain and feeling of pregnancy... it truly is a miracle!

Milestones- Made it to 39 weeks and heading to the hospital in a few hours to deliver!



The day I found out I was pregnant... oh, how small I was!!



Me at 39 weeks today... yikes!


1 comment:

Krisy said...

ok im anxiously awaiting the update...its been 3 days, what r u busy or something:-)