It's been a tough road, but it's been totally worth it!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Last ultrsound

I had my final ultrasound this morning... and I have been dubbed the "egg queen!"  They took a peek with the dildo-cam and yes, my eggs, all 26 of them, are of proper size... anywhere between 18 and 20mm.  So by Friday, they will be around 20-22mm, perfect for extraction!  And I am very pleased that I was able to control my activity and avoided OHSS, which is very painful and can be serious.  I didn't want that to happen and ruin this round of IVF!

So we are set to show up to the hospital at 7am on Friday to get things going...  my mom is coming over at 6:30am to watch Elizabeth and get her started with the day so we can go.  Gotta love grandma!

At 10pm tonight, I will take my trigger shot (HCG) and those will release all those eggies in 36 hours.. which is when I'll be at the hospital for the extraction!  Funny how that all just fits together! :)

So for now, I will go and clean a bit and finish up laundry... as bloated as I am, I really am in a bit of pain and should lay down, but I will be down for the count on Friday, so trying to get ahead of some chores!

Can't believe it, in just a couple weeks, we could find out we are pregnant. Holy cow!! :)

2 comments:

Laura said...

wow. you are a super egg grower! do you know yet if they'll do 2 or 3 eggs?

Meg said...

SO EXCITING!!! :) I'm beyond thrilled for you. If you get a lot of good ones are you going to freeze some? Keep us posted! Love you! I hope you are still wearing that St. Gerard medal I gave you! He does wonders I tell you!