It's been a tough road, but it's been totally worth it!

Friday, April 29, 2011

Egg retrieval

It went off without a hitch!  I'm pretty sore still, kinda surprised by how sore I am. Don't remember it being this bad last time!

Anyhoo, got there at 7am, the nurse that came to get me was the same labor and delivery nurse when I had Elizabeth!  she was so nice and we recognized each other immediatly!  She took me back to the prep area in the new women's hospital.. and let me tell you, WOW!  It is super nice!  Wood floors, nice rooms with flatscreens, it doesn't really feel like a typical hospital!  I got undressed, and into my gown, booties and hairnet.  It took them 4 times and 3 nurses to get my IV in!  I have small veins, and this has happened before... out!  After that was in, the anestesiologist came in to speak to me... after he left, I got to watch the Royal Wedding on TV... LOL! 

About 15 min. later I was wheeled down to the OR, then walked in to get on the table.  Dr. Doherty was there all dressed and ready to go!  I laid down on the table, got my arms strapped down, and off to sleep I went!  It was about 8:10am.

I woke up in recovery (the room where I started) at 8:55am.  So it was quick!  They brought Tommy back around 9:10am, and there I ate some graham crackers and water.  They wouln't let me go until I could pee, so I was gulping water down!

Around 9:40am, I could PEE!!! :)  I got dressed (slowly... ouch!) and off we went.. I was home (after a quick BK drive thru... I was STARVING!) around 10:15am.

My mom stayed awhile to help out so I could rest and lay down, bless her heart.  Now Elizabeth is climbingh all over me now so it's hard to get this typed!

Can't wait to hear tomorrow how many fertilized and how many babies we have to work with!  I'll keep ya posted!

No comments: