It's been a tough road, but it's been totally worth it!

Monday, April 25, 2011

We have Easter Eggs! :)

Sorry I did not get to update last Friday, it was a bit crazy with getting ready for the holiday weekend.  But we have LOTS of Easter Eggs to play with this round!

Had an ultrasound last Friday to see how my eggies are growing... and man, they are!  There were 16 on the left side and 10 on the right!  They were all less than 12mm in width, and they like to be in the 18-21mm range for maturation. 

Bloodwork came back looking good too!  So she kept me at the 375iu of Gonal F all weekend, and added the Ganarelix shot on Sunday night (that's the shot that stops ovulation from happening on it's own!)  And I'm bloated as hell with all these eggs... ugh, I can barely button my work pants.

Today, Monday the 25th, I had my 2nd ultrasound.  And they are still growing quite nicely!  They are all around 14-15mm today and looking good!  Dr. Doherty actually did the u/s, so it was good to have her be the one looking at them.  She said with these results, we can proceed with the procedure this weekend!

I go back one more time on Wednesday morning for my final ultrasound and bloodwork.  She said she will have me come in this Friday the 29th for egg retrieval, and Monday, May 2 will be transfer day! :) :)

I asked her about how many she would consider transfering... she said it all depends on the quality of the eggs.  If they are good quality, probably 2, if they are so-so, then probably 3.  She said age is the biggest factor into how good quality I will have... dang.  Being old SUCKS! :)

2 more days of Gonal F and Ganarelix, then we will see what I need to do on Wednesday!  This is getting exciting!

No comments: