It's been a tough road, but it's been totally worth it!

Monday, May 2, 2011

Fertilization Reports!

Sorry I haven't been able to update daily... I have been in quite a bit of pain since Friday!  Swollen belly, bloating, cramps, all the way up into my chest and neck.  I have been pretty miserable.  Sunday morning, I was so nauseausous that I finally called the Dr.  She said it's normal, all the bloating was probably pushing up on my stomach, causing me to feel bad.  So I've been loaded up on tylenol and pepto bismol.  Good news, I FINALLY feel somewhat normal today.  Thank GOD, because today is transfer!!

This is how our report has gone:

17 eggs recovered
15 mature
13 were ICSI (where they inject one sperm into the egg to assist in fertilization)
12 fertilized normally
10 growing normally

Yesterday's report was that all 10 made it to Code 1, which means they all made it to the milestones they should have for that day!  So that is EXCELLENT news!!

Protocol for today is gma is coming over this morning at 8:45, we have to be at the hospital at 9:15.  Transfer is at 10am.  Have to have a full bladder and take a Valium before we go.... FUN! :)  Then it's just like a pap smear, they will insert a soft flexible tube in my uterus, and guided with an ultrasound, place the embryos right where they need to be!

Oh, Dr. Doherty is supposed to call me sometime this morning with the report on how my 10 babies are doing and discuss how many to transfer.  She said earlier in the week, if they are so-so quality, then transfer 3.  If good quality, then only 2.  So we will just hope for transfering 2 :P

After the transfer is done, I have to be on my back for the next 48 hours... YAY!  Even on the ride home.  Have to lay in the back seat.  This is going to suck, but it's all worth it for a baby!

OK, better get going, the dogs want in and I hear Elizabeth talking to herself in her crib.  Time to start the day and hopefully get pregnant too!

I'll keep ya posted!

No comments: