It's been a tough road, but it's been totally worth it!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

One more week...

One week from today is my ultrasound.  To be honest, I haven't thought too much about it, as I've been pretty busy with work and things at home and Elizabeth, so I guess that's good.

I've been feeling pretty good, crampy on and off, but different cramps than menstral cramps, so I think that's good!  I have been nauseaus on and off, but nothing bad yet.  I almost forget I'm pregnant most of the time.  We had Elizabeth's cousin Sammy's first birthday party last Sunday, and there was beer there... I almost grabbed one!  I normally would!  I just wish I would "feel" more pregnant now.  Just as a comfort, I guess.

Silly girl!

Elizabeth has been feeling crappy the past 2 weeks or so with allergies (at least that's what we think it is).  She's had a runny nose like no other.  Poor thing.  She was on Zyrtec for awhile, then we got a prescription anti-histamine syrup which we hope is what is working, because after 10 days of this, yesterday was the FIRST day it hasn't run!  Woo hoo!


Oscar and her are buddies!
 She's also been "pushing" a lot, like she is trying to poop, but nothing is coming out.  She either curls in a ball or crouches and just pushes.  Mabye 4 times, then she continues what she is doing... like nothing happened!  I will check her diaper after these pushing episodes, sometimes there is poop, sometimes not.  Weird. I finally called the Dr. about it last Friday, they said she may be constipated in the lower intestine, but some is going around the blockage so it let's some poop through.  So they suggested Milk of Magnesia, which is a laxative, so see if we can soften it up and let it pass.  After about 5 days on it, yesterday was the first time she didn't push.  And when she did, it was for the real thing!  Hooray!  Hopefully that's fixed too! :)


Easter 2011

She's 16 months now... can't believe it.  She's so independent too.  She wants to go up and down stairs by herself, she "helps" me by bringing me things I ask her to, she says about 20 words now, and learning new ones every day.  She knows what a cow says, monkey says, bear says, and what cookie monster says!  (in a low growley voice... "cookie!!")

So one more week until we see what we have created in there... I'm still thinking only 1 in there.  But if there is more than one, there is nothing I can do about it but freak out at first. Oh boy... I think Tommy would be the one to freak out the most.  Especially if we find out it's 2 more girls!  :) 



1 comment:

Meg said...

I hope it is twins! What a blessing! :) Although I admit, I'd freak out at first too. Can't wait until your ultrasound!!