It's been a tough road, but it's been totally worth it!

Friday, May 6, 2011

Caught early

Went in for some more bloodwork yesterday just to check my levels, and it's a good thing I did!  My estrogen levels dropped a bit!  went from 1572 to 1148.  Not a HUGE drop, but still.... that would have been bad if that weren't caught early. 

So I was prescribed the Climara patch, an estrogen patch I have to wear on my abdomen now to help boost my estrogen levels. 

I asked the nurse that called with the news why this happened, she just said it does, sometimes age has to do with it (age, again). She said not to worry, it doesn't mean I'm not pregnant, just means it was a good thing we caught it now otherwise, if I WAS pregnant, I probably wouldn't have been able to sustain the pregnancy.

So it's a good thing!

6 days until my pregnancy test!

1 comment:

Meg said...

wow! Glad it was caught early!! 6 days! Yay!! hoping hoping hoping for a BFP!