It's been a tough road, but it's been totally worth it!

Monday, November 30, 2009

Whew... she's still a GIRL!

We had our next high risk OB appt. today with Dr. Bonebrake. It was such an interesting appt! The tech came in first to take all the measurements, starting from head to toe of our little bean. After the measurements, she gave us an approx. weight: 5 lbs!! I am 32 weeks, and all my baby books say around 4 lbs or little more, so we have a big girl! She was also measuring in the 82nd percentile for growth! Nothing out of the ordinary, and nothing to worry about, but the tech said I must grow 'em big! :)

We also got to see her "practice" breath, which was cool, and her belly was full of amniotic fluid, which is good too. Her heart looked good, got to count the "digits" on her hands and feet, and the placenta had moved up and in perfect position. She even has a little bit of hair at the back on her head!

Then the tech said she wanted to try something, and switched to a different kind of u/s wand. Once she did, I saw the most awesome thing in the world... our baby in 4D!! She was squirming around a bit, nuzzled right up against the placenta, and making faces at us! We could see her eyes flutter open, but only for a brief moment. I was in love!! She had her left arm across her face, most of the time, but after some prodding and poking, we got her to move it and got some amazing pictures.



Profile - who's nose is that!?



Foot!



Finally moved her arm... that thing on the right side of the picture is the
placenta.. she's using it as a pillow!



Making faces at us!



Whoops... arm back in front of her cute lil face!

Dr. Bonebrake then came in to take a look and he said everything thing is looking great! She is head down, and that makes sense since I feel her kicking the crap out of my ribs! We talked about inducement at 39 weeks, but he's hoping maybe I will go on my own before that. There is a higher risk of c-sections when you have to induce, so obviously, he doens't want that for anyone. So he told me to start talking to her and tell her that somewhere around 37-38 weeks would be perfect! :) I told him I will start talking to her right now!

He also said that he feels comfortable "releasing" us from his care, if we are comfortable with that, or we can go back for one more look in 4 weeks. Tommy wants to go back just in case, so we head back Dec. 28th. Fine with me, just another time to see her!

Oh, and I think we narrowed down an name to Elizabeth Rose.... stay tuned!

3 comments:

Laura said...

what a cutie! i'm jealous you get to see her in 4D! amazing pix!

Meg said...

Looks great!! And I LOVE the name Elizabeth Rose!! Congrats again! I can't wait to hear she's finally here!

kristi morris said...

Wow! What a doll! & I love the name too. I miss you guys a lot so spread around the hugs & kisses!!
love you