It's been a tough road, but it's been totally worth it!

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

And reality sets in...

We have been pretty positive about our decision to go ahead with IVF. Now I'm not so sure. Last night when I got home, and got the mail, there was a letter from Methodist hospital. It was a letter threatening to send us to collections for our past medical bills! I thought, "Isn't Tommy paying these bills?" When he came home, I asked him about it and showed him the letter. Yes, he has been paying the bills, just a little at a time (he basically lost his job with Visinet over the winter and is barely working 15 hours a week).

So what's the problem? He was furious. So I called and talked to a very nice gal at the hospital. Apparently, there is a minimum payment due every month, and we have been making payments under that amount. Well, it would be nice know what that payment about was!! We are both praying it starts turning green soon so Bigg Dogg can start up again!

I told him I don't think we should do this if we can't afford to pay off the bills we have already racked up from all the previous fertility treatments. He said we should just move ahead. I'm not so sure that's the best idea. I just don't know what to do. It's a horrible, horrible feeling to know that money is a barrier to being parents. Especially when there are sooo many people out there that get pregnant by an "oops" and who do not deserve or appreciate it.

As of now, we are still a go, but we only have about a week to decide. I start meds next week. God, I pray this works.

No comments: