It's been a tough road, but it's been totally worth it!

Friday, March 13, 2009

Meds!

Well, the pharmacy called this morning and we filled my prescriptions for my meds. After the nice lady on the phone told me what all I will be taking, and the TOTAL, I about screamed ($2943.00)! It was about double what I had paid for my IUI's! So I asked if I could call my Dr. to verify that I will need ALL those meds. I got a nurse on the phone at the RE's office, and she told me I might need all of it, but this is what you can order now and see if you need the rest later. It all depends on how well I respond to the drugs!

So I called the pharmacy back and told her I was only going to order part of the prescription. Still, for 2 multi-dose vials of Gonal-F (to stimulate my ovaries to produce eggs), 2 vials of Ganarelix (to make sure I don't ovulate on my own), 1 vial of hCG (to trigger ovulation once the eggs are mature), and 2 vials of the wicked Progesterone in Oil (to help keep my progesterone levels high after the procudure... my body doesn't make enough on it's own), the total was $2000.50! Ouch!

My friends at work who know what's going on keep threatening to put up a website called: getheatherknockedup.com. For donations! Knowing them, they probably would do something like that! Crazy kids!

So they are scheduled to arrive on Tuesday, St. Patrick's Day. I just hope they come with the Luck of the Irish that day!

No comments: