It's been a tough road, but it's been totally worth it!

Sunday, March 22, 2009

First Follie Check

I had my first follie check this moring at the RE's. This is to check my progess of how many follicles I am producing on my ovaries. They also did bloodwork too. Of course, I had to be there at 7am this morning (blah) the morning after going to a rock concert with a bunch of friends. It was hard to get up, I'll tell you that!!

Anyhoo, my Dr. called back to let me know I am "cookin' along" just fine! On my left ovarie, there are 6 big ones, and on my right, there were several at 10mm (18mm is the goal, those are considered mature). So they are keeping me on the same dose of Gonal-F (300iu), and starting Tuesday night, I will start another med on top of that, Ganarelix. That is a shot that I will give myself in the upper thigh. It's to stop ovulation, in case I would start to go on my own. I will take that for the next 3 days after that.. depending on when egg retrieval (ER) will be.

I sure have been feeling it though, my sides ache all the time! So I know I'm growing something in there! The meeds also gve me a slight headache after I inject them, but other than that, no side effects.

She wants to see my again in Wed. morning for the next follie check. With that appt., they will probably determine when ER will be! It's getting so close!

1 comment:

Meg said...

Yay! So close! I hope you have a TON ready on Wednesday. Can't wait to hear more news!