It's been a tough road, but it's been totally worth it!

Friday, March 27, 2009

We Are SET!

I had my third appt. this morning with the RE. Did more b/w and another gander with the DildoCam (hee hee, that's what she called it!). My eggs have grown, but still are a bit smaller than what she wants on one side, so I will do ONE more day of meds (tonight). I still had about 6 big ones on my right, and a gaggle of big ones on my left. But they are pleased overall at how I responded to the drugs!

Tomorrow night (Sat. night), I will take the hCG shot, which is the hormone that will trigger all my eggs to ovulate. After the shot, it takes about 36 hours for them to release. I am to report to the hospital, labor and delivery floor, at 7am on Monday morning for my ER (egg retrival)!! It's finally set in stone!

The protocol is that I will get there at 7am, they get me in a room, get an IV started, then the anesthesiologist will come in and talk to me. I then will walk down the hallway to the OR, where they will put the happy drugs in my IV. Meanwhile, Tommy will be there *ahem* doing his thing at the collection lab. I will drift off for about a 20 min. nap, while they take out my eggs. Basically, they take a long syringe and poke it into my ovary and suck out the eggs, both ovaries. They also use the ultrasound wand to direct them where to go. Once I wake up, a half hour or hour later, I will go to recovery until I can eat, drink, and pee by myself. Then we are free to go home! They said they will send me home with Tylenol (hospital strength) for any pain. Also she said I can use a heating pad to help with any cramping. I should be up and at em the next day. They will then have the emryologist call the next day to get me a report of how many they got, how many are mature, and how many fertilized. That will be the exciting part!

I will update again after the retrival to let you all know how it went. I'm so ready to get these things out of me... I feel so terribly bloated!!

The transfer is scheduled for Thursday, April 2. That will be a big day. I can't wait!!

1 comment:

Meg said...

I am so excited for you! Keep up with the updates. I love to read them!