It's been a tough road, but it's been totally worth it!

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

OK, so I suck at blogging....

Alright, so it's been umm.... 3 months since my last blog, shoot me. It's been a crazy, hectic 3 months.... I will do a quick update, so then I will be up to date.

Well, long story short, we have been trying since we got married, April of 2007. The first few months, we were optimistic. Then it slowly faded, and dissappointment set in. I called my OB, she said we could do some fertility testing, so that's what we did. Nothing. Nothing is techinically wrong, so we were labeled with "unexplained infertility". What a label.


We then moved on to IUI's...first one with Clomid. Failed. Next 2 with Fermara. Failed. Moved on to Dr. Maud Doherty. She's awesome! Tried another IUI with injectible meds, where I had to give myself a shot in the stomach every day to stimulate my ovaries. Failed. We thought we would try one more IUI with injectibles... it worked!

We didn't want to jinx it, so we didn't tell ANYONE. I found out 2 days before Thanksgiving 2008. Our first ultrasound would be December 12, Tommy's bday. We were so excited to see our little bean on that ultrasound machine. Only the nurse didn't find anything. Well, not in the place it should have been. It had implanted way up by the entrance of my tube. We were told we would have to abort the pregnancy, as it would eventually cause problems for the fetus and me. We were crushed. I will never forget that day.

Yep, it finally happened, we finally got prgnant, and then it was taken away. And of course, all this happened on Tommy's birthday. I felt horrible enough, but for it to happen then... So I had to have a D&C, scheduled right before Christmas. Then I was put on medication to make sure all the tissue would be removed. We couldn't even try again for 3 months, so I was put on birth control pills. And now looking back, it was a blessing in disguise to take a break. I think we both needed it to keep our sanity. We never got to tell anyone about this pregnancy, until now.

I also decided this was as good a time as ever, now that I'm not on any fertility drugs (which can cause weight gain), to try and lose some weight. I am proud to say, as of Jan. 1, I am down 18 lbs! Woo hoo!

During the past 3 months, work got crazy... we had to let go of a girl on New Years Eve, so I took on part of her workload, and it was nuts... for 2 months, it really sucked. We finally hired someone capable of taking over, so now my life has finally slowed down a bit at work! Also during this time, I was helping Tommy get ready for spring aerating and lawn season, so that took my time. Oh yeah, and I designed a totally new website for the business. Check it out if you want,
http://www.biggdoggservices.com/

So here I am today, on my birthday, thinking, this was NOT how I planned my 35th to be. Don't get me wrong, I really am having a great day, everyone has made me feel really loved! I just thought I would have a family by now. So after all the fertility treatments we have tried, and ultimatly failed at, Tommy and I decided to go for it, all or none...... IVF.

Yesterday, we went in for our pre-IVF blood work that checks for HIV, Hepatitis B & C, and something else I can't remember. So once they come back clear, we will start the process on my next cycle, which according to my calendar, should be around March 17th.

So I will try and keep everyone updated as we go through this interesting process so I have some outlet. I only ask that you keep us in your prayers, as we go through this journey neither one of us thought we would ever have to travel down. They say life's a journey, not a destination... that is no lie. I am only so thankful I have the best husband in the world to go on this journey with, no matter how trying it will be.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I am keeping you in my prayers. I hope all goes well with the IVF and make sure you keep me posted on everything! Good luck and God bless!